How I Built The Satyam Brand name
A brand name expert said that it takes years of effort to develop a brand name but simply one minute of madness to eliminate it. The Satyam situation is an online instance of this saying Kingw88
Late July 1996 I obtained a contact a Saturday early morning from among the biggestgoingsearching companies in the nation asking me whether I wanted a change of job. Their Hyderabad supervisor would certainly not inform me the name of the customer company as he was scared I would certainly decline the chance on the telephone itself as the company was small and fairly unidentified compared with the one I was operating in.
However, I did most likely to satisfy him and I was instead disappointed when he informed me the company’s name however the company was Hyderabad centered and I remained in the same city, too. He convinced me to at the very least satisfy the company management. The same mid-day I met Ramalinga Raju, Chairman, Satyam Computer system Solutions. I had no hint what the company did as IT wasn’t also in my radar being more from the design and automobile industry. In truth, I also had a roaming thought that they put together grey market PCs.
The meeting with Raju lasted greater than a hr and was very pleasant. He encountered as a mild individual and very courteous. Soon I obtained a deal of visit from Satyam. My spouse described a couple of individuals in Bangalore in the IT area before I approved it. Of course, the monetary offer was very attractive,too
I signed up with Satyam asgoingof corporate interactions on August 16.The next day I obtained a phone call from Financial Times asking me for a remark on a tale that they were operating about a inspect jumping situation versus Satyam. This distressed me as I had never ever skilled anything such as that in the previous. I simply mumbled that there was no reality because tale.
About 10 days later on we needed to publish some invite cards for inaugurating our spanking new technology centre. It surprised me when the printer asked me for 100% advance. He coincided printer that used to give my previously company thirty days credit without questions. I started to worry whether I had made a significant mistake of judgment in signing up with Satyam. I currently kept in mind that some of my friends in Hyderabad revealed surprise when I informed them that I was leaving a prominent multi-national company to sign up with Satyam.
Anyhow, it was far too late to do anything about it. And in 1996 driving a new Maruti Suzuki Esteem about Hyderabad was a balm on a hurt vanity. I put all unfavorable ideas apart and decided I would certainly sculpt a favorable role for myself and do what was right for the company.
The Company Downsides:
1) No one understood that ran the company, consisting of financiers. This was unexpected as Raju remained in the workplace regularly from 9am to 9pm.
2) The general public and financiers still associated the name Satyam with building and fabric rotating and not IT.
3) The promoters, based upon the taste of the period had entered all kinds of companies in the previous and failed, consisting of such varied areas as aquaculture and footwear uppers.
4) Satyam was still perceived as a small Hyderabad centered company.
5) In the Dataquest position of Indian IT companies, Satyam stood a lowly 13.
6) Magazines hesitated to interview Raju as he wasn’t truly forthcoming with remarks or with his plans for the company. Further, his talking design during that time wasn’t very fluent. The face of the company during that time was thegoingof sales & marketing.
7) Individuals perceived Satyam more as a body shopping company compared to a major IT gamer (this was actually an unjust charge as during that time most Indian IT companies were actually simply that).
The Company Positives:
- The company made revenues
- The customer list was quite outstanding
- Functioning atmosphere was pleasant
- Need to expand existed
- Raju gave a great deal of flexibility to the elderly staff (however this itself produced fiefdoms)
- In my profession till after that I had never ever handled the content or information media. I was constantly into advertising, marketing and sales promo.
- PR was something definitely new to me. In a manner I had signed up with Satyam under incorrect pretences, because when Raju asked me at my interview whether I understood anybody in the media the just name I could inform him was that of a buddy that handled the advertising function for the greatest media team in AP.
- When I signed up with Satyam I had never ever sent out an e-mail in my life neither understood anything about something called the internet. IT was an unusual based on me. I was basically a Mechanical Designer.